Independent Living Group (ILG) is a company developed in 2017 by leading insurer, Mark Bates Ltd, as a membership tool to support and engage with the individual PA employers they insured.
ILG group has since grown and developed to support a whole range of different initiatives in the sector.
ILG Community – FREE TO ALL INDIVIDUAL EMPLOYERS
ILG Community is the heart of the ILG and now provides peer support for all PA employers no matter who they are insured with or where they live in the UK. Led by a steering group made up of individual employers, the group arrange regular zoom meetings for its members with guest speakers on issues pertinent to all PA employers.
The Community also maintains a growing Facebook group for members providing genuine peer support and information sharing for employers.
Please visit www.ilgcommunity.com to find out more.
ILG Academy is the learning and development arm of ILG. The workshops they provide are Skills for Care endorsed and designed for PA employers and the practitioners and professionals who support them. The Academy also provides bespoke e-learning modules for Personal Assistants covering a huge range of relevant topics. This includes more than 90 CPD accredited courses and bespoke packages, including a lite package with 6 courses available for free to all ILG Community members and/or Mark Bates Ltd HE policy holders.
ILG Support are the UKs leading employment advice service for individual employers providing specialist employment advice and legal support tailored around the needs of PA employers. From contracts of employment to staff management enquiries and everything in between, via telephone, email, WhatsApp or video call, ILG Support are in place to help.
ILG Support is currently contracted to provide support for all Mark Bates Ltd policy holders on a 24/7 basis while also supporting the Direct Payment support sector with generic (non-policy specific) advice. The advice team have also developed a unique suite of template documents and guides designed for individual employers. These documents can also be found within the free ILG Community members area.
For more info, please visit https://www.ilgsupport.com/
ILG PA enables individual employers to provide their PAs with a premium employee assistance program (EAP). This includes financial advice and guidance, legal support, counselling and access to an exclusive rewards and discounts platform.
Membership costs £20 per year and can be purchase by individual employers on behalf of their employees (PAs).
Listed below are the benefits that are included in this membership.
- Recognised Branded ILG ID Badge: Embrace your professional identity with our recognised branded ILG ID badge. This badge, along with a branded lanyard and badge holder, will be included as part of your membership benefits. Wear your badge with pride as a symbol of your commitment to providing exceptional care and your affiliation with ILG PA.
- Exclusive Rewards & Discounts Platform: Gain access to our exclusive rewards and discounts platform. Enjoy special deals, savings, and discounted rates on retail purchases and various services. Make the most of your membership by taking advantage of these exclusive offers to save money and enhance your everyday life.
- MyMindPal Mental Fitness App: Take care of your mental wellbeing with our MyMindPal app. This user-friendly app offers simple exercises that help increase positivity, reduce stress levels, and promote living in the present moment. Just five minutes a day can make a significant difference to your mental health and overall well-being. (If bought separately, this app alone would cost £36 per year)
- 24/7 Legal Help and Support: Access free legal advice and support through our trusted partner, Irwin Mitchell. Their team of experienced legal professionals is here to assist you with any legal matters, ensuring your rights are protected and providing expert guidance whenever you need it.
- 24/7 Welfare and Debt Advice: Receive expert welfare and debt advice through our partnership with Auriga. Their advisors can provide guidance on managing finances, budgeting, bill management, and even represent you in welfare benefit appeals, offering comprehensive support to help you navigate financial challenges.
- 24/7 Telephone Advice and Counselling Service: Seek emotional, personal, or work-related support from our highly experienced counsellors and support specialists. Our 24/7 telephone advice and counselling service ensures you have access to confidential support whenever you need it, providing peace of mind and assistance during difficult times.
For more info, please visit https://www.ilg-pa.com/employed-pca/.