COVID-19 Testing For Personal Care Assistance
The Coronavirus National Testing Programme has now expanded capacity to test other frontline workers who are having to self-isolate due to having coronavirus-like symptoms or because a member of their household has symptoms.
This expansion includes all personal care assistants (PAs), across both health and social care, who meet the criteria set out above.
The full list of eligible employers now includes:
- All NHS and social care staff, including hospital, community and primary care, and relevant staff providing ancillary support to frontline NHS services (e.g. accommodation, catering) and voluntary workers.
- All PAs, across both health and social care
- Police, fire and rescue services.
- Local authority staff, to include core and essential workers such as those working with vulnerable children and adults, with victims of domestic violence, and with the homeless and rough sleepers, and those staff essential to the continuity of business
- Defence, prisons and probation, and judiciary staff.
- Front-line benefits workers
More detailed information on the types of workers who may now be eligible for testing can be found at www.gov.uk/coronavirus-get-tested