Employing your own PA
Employing your own personal assistant needn’t be daunting, there is plenty of help available from specialists, here at dhdirectpayments we can help with your direct payments payroll needs. Here’s what to do:
How Our Payroll Services Work
- When you take on a new employee send us a completed starter form and their P45 from the employee’s previous employment or HM Revenue and Customs form P46.
- Inform us by post, fax or E-mail at the end of each pay period (4 or 5 weeks as advised) the hours that your employees have worked. You may also inform us at the outset that the employees hours will be the same each month, in which case timesheets will be unnecessary. You must, however, inform us of any changes due for the coming payroll.
- We will prepare payslips for each member of staff, these may then be given to employees together with a cheque for the net amount (shown in the bottom right hand side corner – net pay).
- dhdirectpayments can work out any overtime or bonus payments and calculate any Statutory Sick Pay should the need arise. We will also issue P45 forms for staff that leave.
- We will send you each month a sheet called the ‘Wages Book’. This summarises the amounts paid and the tax and National Insurance deductions.
- Every 3 months we will send you a ‘monthly summary’, a letter and completed HM Revenue and Customs payslip informing you of the amount owed by way of Tax and National Insurance. You will be required to send this payslip with your cheque for the total amount to the Collector of Taxes in the envelope provided.
- You must also keep us informed every quarter (March, June, September and December) of your current situation, even if you have no employees, so that we can process the HM Revenue and Customs returns. There is a small administration charge if we have to call or write to you for this information.
- At the end of each financial year we will complete the annual P35 return from our records here and file it on-line with HM Revenue and Customs. We will send you the forms P60 (certificate of annual earnings) which should be distributed to your employees.
- We will Invoice you quarterly for our services at the end of: March, June, September and December. dhdirectpayments charge for services on a sliding scale – the greater the number of employees the lower the charge per payslip.